Saturday 30 April 2011

From the vaults-1: 3610 in pre-DCC and pre-decent camera days!

Sent the June issue of AMRM to the printer today, so too exhausted to do anything other than put up these old photos of my converted Austrains 36 class! Found them while rummaging around in the old files for something else. They were taken after I got my first digital camera, a Canon PowerShot A300, and were part of a series I took while experimenting with the colour balance features. I had just finished weathering my modified Austrains 3610 and was rather proud of it! These photos were taken back on 7 October 2005, before I joined AMRM and before the layout went DCC.
I quite like the composition and colour balance, even if it isn't as sharp as the photos I can take these days with the much better camera I now have at my disposal. Click on the image if you would like to see it full-size.

Here is another shot from the same session.
Somehow the 'softer' focus seems to add to the realism...

1 comment:

  1. As always some very nice modelling there James. As far as the photos go, they are still pretty good for an old camera

    ReplyDelete